- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Details about you – Your first and last name, marital status, title, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, meal and other travel preferences or dietary requirements.
- Details about your booking with us – Details such as where you are flying from and to, your booking information (including anyone else on the booking), any onward travel details if relevant, details of experiences or excursions booked through us
- Data about your health – Knowing your dietary requirements and any medical conditions you have will ensure that the trip is suitable for you and any necessary adjustments are made.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone and email or otherwise
- As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
How do we store your data?
Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. securely stores your data in Booqable, Stripe and Quickbooks.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal accounting or reporting requirements.
We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold and the length of time we hold it for.
By law we have to keep basic information about booking and our customers for six years for legal claims and tax purposes.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
TRANSFERS TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE EU/EEA
In some cases, we may be transferring personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA. Such transfers will only take place subject to appropriate safeguards are in place for the transfer such as:
- The country has been deemed by the Commission of the European Union to have an adequate level of protection of personal data,
- The country has not been deemed by the Commission of the European Union to have an adequate level of protection of personal data, but we provide appropriate safeguards for the transfer through the use of “Model Contracts for the Transfer of Personal Data to Third Countries”, as published by the Commission of the European Union, or any other contractual agreement approved by the competent authorities, or in regard to the transfer of personal information to the US.
- The company to which the transfer is to take place is approved under the Privacy Shield principles.
Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group.
What are your data protection rights?
Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Mckenzie Mountaineering correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Mckenzie Mountaineering to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd.’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: 0044 75 323 15 262
Or write to us: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 0044 75 323 15 262
Or write to us at: Hillcrest, Braes, Ullapool, IV26 2SZ, Scotland
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Ullapool Bike Hire Ltd. has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street
Telephone: 0303 123 1115